A 76-year-old military officer on Wednesday asked the Ombudsman to speed up the resolution of the complaint he filed against 12 incumbent officials of Cauayan City, Isabela, who are allegedly coddling a company that forcibly entered his property.
Retired Army Col. Julio A. Maluyo filed the charges at the Ombudsman against Cauayan City Mayor Bernard Faustino M. Dy, and Vice Mayor Leoncio A. Dalin, Jr., City Councilors Edgar M. De Luna, Danilo B. Asirit, Marco Polo A. Meris, Salcedo T. Foronda, Garry G. Galutera, Reynaldo O. Uy, Edgardo A. Atienza, Jr., Bagnos A. Maximo, Victor H. Dy Jr., and Caesar H. Dy Jr.
The cases, docketed as OMB-L-C-18-0290 and OMB-L-A-19-0331, were for alleged violation of Section 3 of RA 3019 and for Conduct prejudicial to the best Interest of the Service, Conduct unbecoming of a Public Officer, Dishonesty, Grave Abuse of Authority and Grave Misconduct.
Section 13 of RA 3019 mandates the suspension of any incumbent official facing pending criminal cases in court.
Maluyo filed a motion for early resolution of the case citing poor health. He told the Ombudsman that he wanted “to ascertain that justice may be served to the utmost.”
Maluyo said that he earlier allowed a part of his property to be used as the parking lot of the Regional Police Training Center under a Memorandum of Agreement with the provincial government.
However, during the celebration of the Cauayan Fiesta in 2015, and when Maluyo was out of the country, the city government staged a motocross in the unoccupied portion of the property.
The company that organized the sports event, Maluyo said, has refused to vacate the property since then and even posted security guards and other armed personnel to prevent him and his representatives from entering the property.
Maluyo said he has filed landgrabbing charges against the company and its owners.
A case of land grabbing was also filed by the Maluyo against the company and its owners.