Authorities arrested on Friday a leader of a criminal group engaged in drug trafficking and gun-for-hire activities in Quezon City, Caloocan City and in the province of Bulacan.
The buy-bust operation conducted by elements of the National Capital Region Police Office—Regional Drug Enforcement Unit and Caloocan City police station also resulted in the seizure of 350 grams of methamphetamine hydrochloride worth P2.4 million from the possession of 42-year-old suspect Rolando Arnaiz.
Members of the Philippine Drug Enforcement—NCR unit also participated in the police operation conducted at the corner of Tulyahan Road and Ignacia Road in Barangay Sta. Quiteria, Caloocan City around 12:15 am.
NCRPO chief Guillermo Eleazar said Arnaiz, also known as “Lang-Lang,” is the leader of the notorious criminal group “Lang-Lang Arnaiz Gang” who was arrested along with his companion David Montalbo, 48.
Eleazar said Arnaiz is also listed number one Most Wanted Person of Novaliches Police Station with a standing warrant of arrest for a murder case filed at the Regional Trial Court Branch 85 of Quezon City. No bail recommended against the suspect.
“He [Arnaiz] had been a subject for intensive manhunt operation by the NCRPO-RDEU for more than one month. Efforts were paid off when intelligence field operatives of Team-NCRPO gained access with the group,” said Eleazar.
Arnaiz, a resident of Lot-6, Virginia Drive, Rodriguez Subd., Baesa, Quezon City; and Montalbo, of 21 Talipapa, Novaliches, Quezon City, are now detained and placed under police interrogation.
Prior to their arrest, the suspects on board a black Mazda car with registration plate ZHT-933 arrived at the place where the police poseur-buyer was waiting. Thereat, the undercover agent casually approached and bought 50 grams of “shabu” from the suspects using P100,000 buy-bust money.
The undercover agent then initiated the pre-arranged signal to other police operatives in the area and effect the arrest.
The authorities also recovered from the suspects two .45-cal pistols with five magazines and 23 pieces of live ammunition, the marked money used in the buy-bust, and nine sealed transparent plastic sachets containing the prohibited substance.
“Arnaiz and Motalbo together with the seized pieces of evidence were immediately brought to the RDEU-NCRPO for investigation and proper disposition for subsequent submission to the Crime Laboratory Office for technical examination,” said Eleazar.
Police are now preparing the filing of criminal charges, including cases of Republic Act 9165 known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and R.A. 10591 known as the Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunition, against the suspects.
Eleazar commended his men for their latest accomplishment and assured the public that the NCRPO will not rest until Metro Manila will be cleared from illegal drugs.
He reiterates his appeal to the public to support the government’s campaign against illegal drugs by feeding the NCRPO with relevant information through Team NCRPO text hotline: 0915-888-8181 or 0999-901-8181.